The plateau of Bac Ha is also called a "white tray" since everything here is in white when the plum trees are in bloom during spring. This region is populated by several ethnic minority groups: Tay, Flower H'mong, Blue H'mong, Black H'mong, Dao (pronounced Zao), Nung and Phu La. Through this journey, we follow the footsteps of ethnic people through landscapes of mountains and rice fields to discover the most beautiful plateau in north Vietnam.
Day 1: Bac Ha – Ta Van Chu (5-6 h trek)
Day 2: Ta Van Chu - Thai Giang Pho (5-6h trek)
Day 3: Thai Giang Pho - Na Lo (5-6 h trek)
Day 4: Na Lo - Bac Ha (3 - 4 h trek)
Day 5: Bac Ha - Hoang Thu Pho - Coc Ly - Lao Cai
- Land transfers in private vehicles as described in the program.
- Full board meals throughout the trip.
- Accommodation in guesthouse based on double/twin room, or homestay (shared dormitory).
- Tour guide (English/German/French)
- The local support team (drivers, boat crew, porters, cook)
- First aid kit
- Cancellation fee
- Any kind of insurance
- Anything that is not listed in the "Inclusion" part
- Visa fees.
To fully enjoy your trip, do not forget to keep fit once a week by walking (about 15 km) if possible on a course with vertical drop (250 m / h) or practicing a sport (1 hr 1 h 30).
All travel luggage should be divided between a backpack worn by the travelers and a second sealed bag with padlock, transported by the logistics team on site (porters and/or vehicles).
- Breathable underwear (fast drying).
- A kind Polartec fleece jacket (if possible windbreaker) or Wind Pro (excellent weight / insulation).
- A waterproof and breathable jacket (Gore-Tex) in the bottom of the bag (only for the months of November to March).
- The pants trek.
- A cap or hat.
- Sun glasses (minimum index 3 and 4 for high mountain).
- A rain cape.
- A water bottle (or water bottle pocket, pipette).
• From December to late March: good sleeping bag 0 ° C / - 5 ° C.
• In March, April and November: sleeping bag comfort temperature +10 ° C.
• From May to October: silk sleeping bag (a cloth down in fleece is sufficient).
- We provide mattresses and blankets on hand to light the night with the locals.
What to pack:
- A backpack with wide straps and an adjustable anatomical frame, with a capacity of 20-30 liters for your business day.
Example Millet: The Hiker 38.
- A travel bag 80 to 100 liters, flexible. Depending on weather, luggage is transported by the day or by bike carriers. It is recommended, if you have the choice to carry a travel bag with shoulder strap for easy work if we use carriers rather than motorcycles, but do not make the acquisition purpose for this trip .
- Change of clothes.
- A pair of spare laces.
- A swimsuit to Halong Bay.
- A pair of sneakers or sandals to walk in the water.
- A toilet bag and a towel.
- Toilet paper.
- A pocket knife (checked!).
- Some plastic bags to protect your business.
- A needle and thread.
- A lock pouch to always carry with your insurance certificates identity papers, money