This journey takes you to explore the least visited yet most captivating destinations along the Hoang Lien Son mountain range in northwest Vietnam. The quirky villages of Thai, H’mong, Dzao and Tay hill tribe people, endless tea plantations in Moc Chau and Southeast Asia’s most stunning terraced rice fields in the heavenly Mu Cang Chai, all will make for an unforgettable adventure. Amidst this magnificent landscape, you will meet ethnic minority people in their colourful costumes and be dazzled by their welcoming smiles
Day 1: Hanoi – Thac Ba
Day 2: Thac Ba - Muong Lo (Nghia Lo)
Day 3: Muong Lo – Tu Le (5hour trek)
Day 4: Tu Le – Mu Cang Chai (5-6 h trek)
Day 5: Mu Cang Chai – Sapa (3-4h trek)
- Land transfers in private vehicles as described in the program.
- Full board meals throughout the trip.
- Accommodation in guesthouse based on double/twin room, or homestay (shared dormitory).
- Tour guide (English/German/French)
- The local support team (drivers, boat crew, porters, cook)
- First aid kit
- Cancellation fee
- Any kind of insurance
- Anything that is not listed in the "Included" part
- Visa fees.
Level 3 (average) walk 5 hours a day on trail and / or 600 to 1200 meters of elevation gain about and / or 15 kilometers.
Hiking: to address a region or a country in depth. Steps or crossing loop, easy access.
The tour takes place mainly on trails. Some difficult passages in forests due to moisture makes slippery rocks. Sometimes rugged terrain.
The tour takes place mainly on trails. In case of rain, they can be muddy, so making it more difficult progression. Walk 5 to 8 hours maximum. Rugged terrain
To fully enjoy your trip, do not forget to keep fit once a week by walking (about 15 km) if possible on a course with vertical drop (250 m / h) or practicing a sport (1 hr 1 h 30).
All luggage is divided between a backpack worn for walking and a second sealed bag with padlock, transported by the logistics team on site.
- Breathable underwear (fast drying).
- A kind Polartec fleece jacket (if possible windbreaker) or Wind Pro (excellent weight / insulation).
- A waterproof and breathable jacket (Gore-Tex) in the bottom of the bag (only for the months of November to March).
- The pants trek.
- A cap or hat.
- Sun glasses (minimum index 3 and 4 for high mountain).
- A rain cape.
- A water bottle (or water bottle pocket, pipette).
• From December to late March: good sleeping bag 0 ° C / - 5 ° C.
• In March, April and November: sleeping bag comfort temperature +10 ° C.
• From May to October: silk sleeping bag (a cloth down in fleece is sufficient).
- We provide mattresses and blankets on hand to light the night with the locals.
- A backpack with wide straps and an adjustable anatomical frame, with a capacity of 20-30 liters for your business day.
Example Millet: The Hiker 38.
- A travel bag 80 to 100 liters, flexible. Depending on weather, luggage is transported by the day or by bike carriers. It is recommended, if you have the choice to carry a travel bag with shoulder strap for easy work if we use carriers rather than motorcycles, but do not make the acquisition purpose for this trip .
- Change of clothes.
- A pair of spare laces.
- A swimsuit to Halong Bay.
- A pair of sneakers or sandals to walk in the water.
- A toilet bag and a towel.
- Toilet paper.
- A pocket knife (checked!).
- Some plastic bags to protect your business.
- A needle and thread.
- A lock pouch to always carry with your insurance certificates identity papers, money.